Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bridal Shower Cake

This past weekend I was in Ohio, picking my kids up from Grandma and Papa camp. But, before I left on Friday, I made a cake for my husband's cousin, Martha, to be enjoyed at her bridal shower. My mother-in-law and Brendan's aunts were throwing a shower for her here in the Chicago area, and although I could not attend, I happily made a cake to be shared on the special day.

Her colors are going to be ivory and brown, so after many ideas and changes in plans, I came up with this cake:


This is my second cake using fondant. I make my own using the marshmallow fondant recipe. I was very happy with the results and thought it turned out very cute. Unfortunately since I was not able to attend the shower I don't know how it went over. Hopefully it was a hit.

Inside was a snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon buttercream frosting. I'm sure that part of it was enjoyed!

Here's one more close-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather! The cake was BEAUTIFUL and so delicious! You are incredibly talented and so generous. Thank you so much!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you liked it!!! It was my pleasure to make it, I'm just sorry I couldn't be at your shower.