Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Last of My Coffee

A few years ago for Christmas, Brendan bought me a Senseo coffee maker. I was a one cup a week coffee drinker, and had a slow start with my personal coffee maker. But then as more and more children and more and more school responsibilites came my way, I embraced the caffeine that was provided to me right here at home in less than three minutes. I have become a one cup of coffee a day drinker, and the Senseo has supported my habit well.

As I tried the various roasts and even the flavored pods offered through Senseo, I found I liked the Mild Roast the best. At first I could find the Mild Roast blend anywhere. Then I could only find it at Target and a little grocery store called Montgomery Marketplace. Then, it disappeared off of their shelves and I was forced to turn to the internet for my coffee fix. After searching on eBay with little results, I turned to Amazon.com, an old and trusty friend who came through for me not only on the Senseo mild roast pods, but with free shipping if I ordered enough caffeine, so I threw in a six pack of Stash Double Spice Chai tea (also a difficult to find product on store shelves!) and spent enough to get it sent to me free.

So imagine my dismay when I went to reorder my mild roast pods last week that Amazon no longer carried them. This did not look good. I checked several other online retailers as well as the Senseo site itself and found out it is no longer being produced. AAAAH! I was willing to jump through hoops to get the stuff and they still aren't making it anymore. I have 14 pods left, plus some decaf pods. Not sure what I'm going to do.

No comments: