I had a little bit of a hard time picking all of my lines. While I enjoy movies, they have never played a large part in my life. My husband and his siblings recite movie lines all the time, the most my brothers and sisters and I ever did was sing the Heat Miser and Cold Miser songs from "The Year Without A Santa Claus." But, after I sat down to think of my favorite movies I found five memorable lines, though I'm not sure I could use them all in my real life. So here goes . . .
1. "Are you crazy? A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio! Gimme a pen, I'm signin'! You're signin'! We're all signin'!" - Lenny to his bandmates in "That Thing You Do"
I really don't know who I would say this to, but it makes me smile whenever I think of it.
2. "Ahh, home crap home!" - Walter in "Money Pit"
I'd definitely say this to my husband (maybe I did!) when we were selling our second home and we had to fix a whole bunch of stuff before hte new owners moved in. We had a contractor who wouldn't show up, would leave gaping holes where doors used to be, we had to have a radon removal sevice installed and things like garage door springs were breaking literally weeks before we had to move out. We couldn't get out of that house fast enough.
3. "I believe one should fight for what one believes. Provided one is absolutely sure one is absolutely right." - Mark Thackeray in "To Sir, With Love"
I would say this to anyone who is passionate about something, probably my friend Marie, who is doing amazing work in the pro-life movement.
4. "There's children throwing snowballs / instead of throwing heads / they're busy building toys / and absolutely no one's dead!" - Jack Skellington in "A Nightmare Before Christmas"
I'd probably say this to my husband every night he walks in the door (providing the no one's dead part was true!).
5. "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." - Maria in "The Sound Of Music"
I would say this to my friend Heather who is experiencing difficulties with her sister-in-law. I would say this to anyone who needs a boost and is feeling down or disappointed.
Hope you enjoyed my movie quotes. I know it was fun to think about my favorite movies and come up with these memorable lines. Maybe I'll try to sneak one into my conversations this week.