Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School


Yesterday a new school year started. My son is a fourth grader and my daughter a first grader. Along with all the excitement of the first day we managed to snap a few pictures before we set off to school. (My youngest will be starting pre-school next week - pictures to follow!)


Dad stayed home for the big morning, which made it even more special.


I had to get in a picture, too!


And for dessert I made a brownie pencil cake. The girls helped me mix the colors into the frosting. The kids think this should become an annual tradition. I agree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it taste as yummy as it looked? Love the pictures!

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Aw, they look like they are so excited! So tell me, your first day with the three of them out of the house is coming up soon. Do you have any big plans?

Your pencil brownie looks yummy! :) And sounds like a great tradition to start!