But I digress. Our hostess with the mostest, Southern Doll, has asked us to tell you the following:
What have you done in your life that was worth doing? I want to know the moments in your life that you hope will be the ones to pass through your mind when your time comes. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. This doesn't necessarily have to be items you have checked off your Bucket List, it can be those small moments that made you smile, or the time you got that huge promotion you deserved, or the first time your baby smiled at you out of pure joy. I want to know all the moments, big and small, that make life sweet! If you don't already have a running list of these in your mind, you should! These moments help you remember how much your life is worth living, and we all deserve to enjoy it.
There are so many moments in life that make life worth living for me. I have been blessed to have a wonderful family and friends. In an effort to make this easier to read and hopefully not to boring, I am going to try to list some of these moments.
1. Being kind to Lauren in 7th grade, when no one else on the volleyball team was nice to her.
2. Being a friend to Tracey and Heather when they got pregnant in high school.
3. Pouring balloons over my grandfather's head on his birthday (I was 13) even though I was terrified to do it.
4. Interviewing my grandpa about his days as a bootlegger during prohibition.
5. Dancing with my grandpa (and my husband's grandpa) at family weddings.
6. Walking down the aisle with my Dad.
7. Marrying Brendan.
8. Writing notes to my students when I was teaching them.
9. Writing Adrian when I stopped teaching and seeing whet a wonderful young lady she is becoming.
10. Being pregnant four times - feeling my babies move inside of me.
11. Giving birth to my three beautiful children.
12. Volunteering at my kid's school.
13. Seeing my kids faces every year when I make them the birthday cake they request.
14. The year money was tight so my husband and I only spent $20 on each other for Christmas - I made him a little scrapbook about our life together up to that point.
15. Having our 10th anniversary dinner at home because Brendan had lost his job, and enjoying every minute of it.
16. Seeing my best friend, Aimee, become an amazing mom.
17. Going to my 5 and 10 year college reunions and remembering how much fun I had with some amazing men and women.
18. Giving the checkout girl at my grocery store a $25 gift card at Christmas - anonymously.
19. Going to Barenaked Ladies concerts and Barry Manilow concerts.
20. Surprising my Dad on his 60th birthday.
21. When my brothers and sister and I sent my parents to New York for three days for their 45th anniversary.
22. Going shopping with my mom the day after Thanksgiving for the last two years.
23. Having Thanksgiving at my house and having my mom help me make the turkey.
24. Hosting Christmas for my husband's family.
25. Calling my sister and talking about anything and everything.
26. Making my aunt a card every week and sending them to her while she undergoes chemotherapy.
Whew, I think I could go on for days. When I started I didn't know where I was going to go with this. But as one idea came into my head, another one would pop up and then another! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life that make this list so long.
Now head over to Southern Doll's blog and check out all the other Fun Monday participants.