Monday, December 03, 2012

Mint Frosted Brownies

This recipe came about from a favorite brownie recipe called brownie meltaways.  That recipe is a box brownie mix doctored up with a homemade vanilla frosting and chocolate on top.  I changed the frosting to a mint flavor and adjusted the amount of chocolate on top and came up with these pretty and yummy brownie treats worthy of any Christmas gathering.



Mint Frosted Brownies

1 13x9-inch pan your favorite brownies
⅓ cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 square (1 oz.) bittersweet chocolate
1 teaspoon butter

Prepare your favorite 13x9-inch pan of brownies, either from a mix or from scratch.  Cool completely.

Mix butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time to butter and mix until incorporated. Add peppermint extract and milk. Mix until creamy and easy to spread. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate until frosting is firm, about 30 minutes.

Heat chocolate and 1 tsp. butter until melted. Drizzle chocolate in lines in one direction over frosting, then drizzle remaining chocolate in lines in the opposite direction of the first lines.

Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 10 minutes. Store in refrigerator.


Notes: These brownies are so easy and delicious.  Aren't those usually the best recipes? 

Come back tomorrow for a little giveaway I am having to celebrate my fifth year of doing the 12 Recipes of Christmas!

Only 11 more recipes until Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Since I can't make your Chocolate Peppermint bread-Andes doesn't make the Peppermint Baking Chips anymore :( or I can't find them in So. California, I am going to try this recipe!!
Jenn
Moorpark, CA

Unknown said...

I forgot to introduce myself!! I googled chocolate peppermint bread the other day and found your site. I spent quite some time perusing your posts. The crazy thing is that we sound so much alike. I, too, have 3 kids (boy-girl-girl) have been married to my college sweetheart for 16 years. We are both turning 40 (me on Dec. 28) and I LOVE to make cakes/cookies/desserts! When I read your profile aloud, my 10 year old said, "That sounds like you, Mom!!" I could go on and on about the crazy similarities! But we do love cinnamon rolls and even made your recipe on Sat. night and everyone was SO excited to eat them Sunday morning! They were DELICIOUS and now I've been asked to make them for my family's Christmas morning brunch.

Heather said...

Jennifer - I'm sorry you can't find the Andes peppermint chips - they are still selling them around here. You could try subbing Nestle mint chips - they make them at Christmas time.

I'm glad you enjoyed the cinnamon rolls! And I'm turning 40 two days after you! The similarities are funny!