Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cover Songs

9 FM (92.5, 92.7, and 99.9 in the Chicago area) is playing all cover songs today, for an "Under the Covers with 9FM" for Valentine's Day. I've listened for about 40 minutes and I'm absolutely loving it. Some of the songs I've heard this morning are "Venus" by Bananarama (c'mon, you know you like it!), "Mama Told Me (Not To Come)" by Three Dog Night, "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz, "Lean on Me" by Club Nouveau (I LOOOOOVE THIS SONG!), "I'm a Believer" by Smash Mouth, and "Kiss" by Tom Jones (an amazing version of this song!). It's a lot of fun, so if you get a chance take a listen today.

On a side note, my kids seemed to be embellishing on a cover song of their own and have been singing it nonstop lately, especially my three year old. It is from the popular "Jingle Bells Batman Smells" song, however they have their own spin on the lyrics.

Their version goes something like this:
Jingle Bells. Batman Smells.
Robin laid a gun.
He shot his butt in a Pizza Hut in 1941.

Somehow I like the original a lot better.

No comments: