Thursday, February 07, 2008

Super Bowl Wings

On Sunday we prepared for the upcoming Super Bowl viewing by preparing lots of good food to munch on during the game. The kids look forward to the Super Bowl because we essentially eat junk food for dinner and get to sit in front of the TV while eating, a true rarity in our home. Brendan and I look forward to the Super Bowl because we get to eat all manner of yummy foods that we normally don't indulge in. Oh, and of course, we like watching the game.

This year's game was excellent. Exciting all the way through and the team I was pulling for won. I didn't get to see a lot of the first half because I was busy putting together our culinary delicacies, but what I watched was fun and I knew I'd get to watch more of the second half.

The most exciting part of the game for me was my hot wings that I made for the very first time. I followed Pioneer Woman's recipe for wings and was thrilled and amazed with the results. The wings looked and tasted just like you get at a restaurant. And since Brendan and I rarely eat out anymore, especially at a wing joint, this was a great discovery. Right here at home, I could make our very own wings - and they're awesome. My only regret is that I got rid of that Fry Daddy I received as a shower gift 12 1/2 years ago. It would be so handy now that I can make good fried food.

No comments: