Friday, February 22, 2008

Zoe Cooks Again

Yesterday Zoe pulled out her Strawberry Shortcake Cookbook again and pored over the pages of all the recipes she might be able to make. After looking through it on her own, she brought it over to me and we talked about some of the recipes. She really wanted to bake again, so we decided on a Blueberry Pound Cake recipe. While she went to speech yesterday, I picked up some fresh blueberries and flour and when she came home we set to work on her recipe.


She measured, mixed, and poured ingredients until the batter was ready to pour into the pan. Together we brought the pan to the oven and I popped it inside. After cleaning up a little and some Dragon Tales for Zoe, the cake was still not ready. The little chef needed a nap, and I kept my eye on the cake. It came out beautifully and tonight we will be enjoying this cake for dessert with a little vanilla ice cream.

Watch the video to hear Zoe say the name of her creation.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

I got a sneak peak taste of the pound cake last night. Even though I don't particularly like blueberries, I thought Zoe's cake was delicious.

Dense, but with a good texture. Very flavorful.

Cynthia said...

We have several of those cookbooks. My daughters used to love to make things out of them. Sadly they have graduated to "real" recipes from the internet. They just get on and search waht they want.

SO sad for me!