Thursday, August 04, 2005

My First Recipe

I plan on posting a minimum of one recipe a week here on the blog. I love cooking and baking, and want to share some of my favorite recipes. Here's one that I have cooking up at home today. It's very, very tasty!

Barbecue Pork Sandwiches

1 large green pepper
1 large onion
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 2 1/2 to 4 pound pork shoulder roast
1 18 ounce container of BBQ sauce
Additional BBQ sauce
Buns

Coarsely chop the green pepper and onion. Place in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle tapioca over green pepper and onion. Trim fat from pork roast. Place roast in crock pot (cut in half to fit if necessary). Pour BBQ sauce over roast. Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 10 - 12 hours or on high for 5 - 6 hours. When done cooking, remove roast and shred with two forks. (You may have to remove some of the fat floating in the pot or in the roast). Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce.

Serves : 6-10 (depending on size of roast.)


This recipe freezes in ziploc bags great. I often separate it into two sandwich portions and then freeze it. It reheats easily in the microwave and makes for a quick dinner. My favorite BBQ sauce is one called Sweet Baby Ray's. But for this recipe, I often use a cheaper sauce in the crock pot and save the good stuff for putting on top of the sandwich.

No comments: