Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's So Funny?

I have been thinking about a question a lot over the last few days. Can you have a good sense of humor but not be a funny person? You often hear a person described as having a great sense of humor, which usually means they can make other people laugh by means of conversation or interactions with them. But, is having a good sense of humor equivalent with being able to make others laugh? Or, can a person find the humor in situations and other people without being able to translate that into laughs for others? I think that a person can have a good sense of humor if they see the humor, but can't necessarily convey it to others. After all, there are a lot of people who can laugh at themselves and not get upset by humorous or embarrassing situations, but can't tell a funny story to save their life. I think that decribes me. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I know I'm not a funny person. I think being funny and having a good sense of humor go together, but are not one in the same.

No comments: