Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ohio Grieves

I am an Ohio girl, born and bred. Even though I've lived in Illinois for five plus years now, and I am very happy here, I always will think of Ohio as my home. Because of this I'm always interested in stories that happen in Ohio or affect Ohioans. I was moved to tears today as I read an article in Newsweek about the 14 Ohio Marines killed in Iraq. I'm so sorry to all the families who lost their sons and daughters in this war. I went to school and lived in Cleveland for several years and know so many good people who live there. I hope that these soldiers lives were not lost in vain and that when stability and freedom are restored to the people of Iraq, everyone will know and appreciate the bravery and sacrifice these men and women made. I'm sorry, Ohio. I grieve with you.

No comments: