Monday, August 08, 2005

Perfect For Salad

Here is a definite favorite recipe of mine. I enjoyed it at dinner tonight and decided to share it. This is the most delicious salad dressing I've ever had. (Or as my kids would say, "This is the best salad dressing in the history of salad dressings.") The nicest part is how easy it is to make. I have to give credit to Brendan's Grandma Van for this yummy recipe - I got it from her.

Homemade Salad Dressing

1 slice medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil

Combine first seven ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 cup oil and blend again until mixed. Transfer to salad dressing container. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 1 pint.


This is such an easy recipe to cut in half if you don't want as much dressing. This is one of those recipes that I always get requests for copies of. It's that good.

No comments: