Monday, April 28, 2008

I Hate Rude People!

I am really tired of going places and people on cell phones thinking they own the world! I have been going to the same library for eight years now, and in the last year I have encountered more and more people using their cell phones LOUDLY in the library. And not for emergency calls, but just chatting.

The latest was today in the children's area. I was looking for some books when I actually heard this, "You're shitting me." I turn to look, and there is a woman, no kids, sitting on the sofa talking on her cell phone. I'm assuming her kid was in the storytime in the room off of the reading area. So since she had no kids, she thought she would just make a few phone calls! That's fine and dandy, except for the fact that the library bars use of cell phones inside and she was using foul language in a children's area! She couldn't be bothered to step outside of the library to have her conversation because you know, she wanted to talk! Aaargh! I hate rude people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just assume the cell should be left in the car or turned off when I enter a library.

I haven't experienced that yet and hope I don't. It would tick me off too!