Thursday, April 30, 2009

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

I'm not one to get all crazy about big health warnings and such. I just feel like we are bombarded with warnings of all kinds, and until I see significant reason to worry, I generally don't.

That may all change here, though. A high school in our city has been closed until Monday due to a suspected case of the Swine flu. Another school in a neighboring town has been closed for the same reason. The high school, Marmion Academy, has students that are siblings of students at my children's school. (Did you follow that?) So, if it is Swine flu, this boy has been in contact with other boys (it's an all boy school) who are brothers of students at my children's school. It concerns me. If it is confirmed as Swine flu, I will be watching my kids a little more carefully.

No comments: