Friday, May 19, 2006

Another Unprepared Showing

It never fails! I clean and clean and clean, leave almost late to go places, just on the off chance that we might have a new showing. Never happens. Then I let down my guard, and BAM! A showing. We just had a showing a half hour ago and they gave us the requisite one hour notice and everything. Unfortunately, being that it is a nice day, I've been outside with the kids since getting Ian from school. I came in and checked the messages when we got home at 3:05. There was one that mentioned a showing tomorrow. I came in at about 3:40 to get some ice cream for the kids, checked the answering machine and saw nothing new. I came in at 4:10 to get Ian on the computer, and never checked the machine. Had I checked it, I would have seen that there was one new message, left at 3:58. They arrived promptly at 5:00 and rang the doorbell. I heard it through the open door while I was playing on the deck with Emma and Zoe. I went through the house and there they were, a realtor and his clients for a showing! The house was actually in pretty good shape. With the kids playing outside all afternoon, there wasn't a lot to mess up. I am thankful I made the girls clean up the toys outside in front before going to play in the backyard. There were some papers on the counter and a few dishes in the sink (again, the one day I get a little lazy and don't unload the dishwasher in the morning but leave it until later is the day we have a showing that I don't know about!). Hopefully they liked the house, will schedule a second showing, and I can have the house in the condition I like it to be in when someone comes through the house. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: