Saturday, January 21, 2006

You Don't Hear About Something Like This Everyday In Illinois

I discovered this truly weird story and had to share it. A 61 year old Ohio woman died in August 2003, and sat in her chair upstairs in front of the TV for 2 1/2 years. When I first saw the story, I thought that no one had discovered her for that long and I thought, "How sad for her. I hope I have enough friends or family members who care about me that when I die they'll come looking for me a little sooner than that."

But much to my surprise and disgust, some people did know she was dead.
Pope died at her home here at age 61 on Aug. 29, 2003. A towel had been placed around her neck to keep her cool on that 87-degree summer day. She wore a white gown while sitting in a chair in an upstairs room, in front of a television that played as family members went about their lives downstairs.

Her daughter, granddaughter, and the woman's caretaker all lived in the house while the woman's dead body was upstairs! Too bizarre!

Read the whole story here.

No comments: