Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Man I Love

Today is my husband's birthday. I've been around celebrating them with him since his 19th birthday. We've celebrated a lot of them together and I hope he knows how much I love him.

Happy Birthday, Brendan!

In recognition of this momentous day, I'm going to share with you all one of Brendan's favorite crock pot recipes (he doesn't like many of them, so this one is special!) It is also incidentally what we will be having for dinner tonight when we celebrate.

Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches

5 uncooked Italian sausages
1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/8 tsp. pepper
5 hoagie or sausage buns

In a large skillet, brown sausage links on all sides over medium heat. (I find spraying the pan with cooking spray ahead of time useful to help the sausages not stick.) Place sausages in crock pot. Put in peppers and onion. Pour tomato sauce over mixture in crock pot. Stir in to mixture slightly. Sprinkle pepper over mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until sausage is no longer pink. Serve on buns.
Yield: 5 servings

No comments: