Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun Monday - Wall to Wall Edition

Jan over at The Prytz Family is our lovely hostess this week. She has asked us to reveal what is on our walls, either inside or out.

We moved into our current house not quite two years ago and I am notoriously slow about getting a place decorated. It wasn't until we were moving out of our last house (after being there six years) that I had most of the house the way I liked it. So this house has a few nice touches, but it's not exactly where I would like it to be.

All of the rooms in our house, with the exception of my son's room and my daughters' room, is the color choice of the previous owners. We are working on getting the place painted, but since we are doing it ourselves, the work is slow going.

Let's start in our "office" (really the fourth bedroom that houses our computer, my craft stuff, and lots of our books).


These are two of my husband's pieces of artwork. He received the Batman and Joker piece for college graduation from one of his parents. It is an actual storyboard from "Batman - the Animated Series" and is signed by Mark Hamill, the voice of the Joker (and Luke Skywalker). The other piece is an actual page from a comic drawn by Scott McDaniel. Along with the page is the finished page from the comic book and a letter fromScott McDaniel himself. We had this framed ourselves.



This sign is above the window in our office. I had it made for my husband for Christmas one year. Next to it are four comic books. Eventually we plan on having the entire space above the window from left to right displayed with comic books.

Next let's move to the kitchen. I don't have a lot up in my kitchen, yet. But the two signs I do have up, I love.

This first picture is a sign I had made for myself. I love the old diner look, and I get lots of fun comments from guests when they see it.


This sign is over the walkthrough into my kitchen where our kitchen table is. I just love the sentiment.


This sign hangs in my entryway. We bought this sign when we went for a weekend to Stoughton, Wisconsin.


This artwork that my daughters and I made hangs on my front door. I know, not exactly a wall, but stuff like this hangs all over my house, especially the downstairs.




Definitely one of the favorite walls in my house is my stair hallway. I had an idea, put it together, and hung up each and every frame myself. The pictures are all black and white photos of the family.

Finally, let's go to my bedroom.





Above my husband's dresser are his three framed set of stamps. He is not a stamp collector but has these fun sets that are all interests of his. The first set are Elvis, the second set DC comic heroes, and the third Star Wars stamps.


And finally these are gifts I made for my husband on previous Father's Days. The top picture is just my two oldest and their handprints. The bottom is a photo collage of all three kids.

Now, I'm headed over to Jan's to see everyone else's walls. Why don't you come and check them out, too?

23 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

I so love this post, your walls look wonderful Your place looks like a cosy home with all the ingredients for a happy family :)

karisma said...

Your green walls look a lot like my upstairs and yes my stairway is like yours with all the pictures! Love your kitchen sign! Very cool!

Hootin Anni said...

What a super collection for us to peruse. Wow...an autograph on a wall...what a dream of mine. And I too love the stairway. Family is so important, this would be my focal point if I were living there.

Come see my walls if you dare.

Molly said...

Heather,
You have an interesting combination of pictures on your walls. My son would love to have the comic book and Star Wars pictures. One of my favorites is your Heather's Kitchen sign. I like the rainbow clouds on the door. This would be a wonderful craft for my granddaughter.

Jan said...

OK, I love what you've done with your house. How did you make the "Heather's Kitchen" sign? I'd love one of those. Do you sell them? I also really like the family photos asending the staircase. Thanks for playing this week.

Anonymous said...

What fun walls you have. I love the stairwell with all the family photos. Enjoy...

SwampAngel65 said...

You have a really cool and interesting assortment of things on your walls! I like the framed and matted stamps the best, very nice!

Anonymous said...

You're killing me with the Elvis Stamps.

Gattina said...

Very nicely decorated walls ! I love this sign "a gathering place" that would be something for me too !

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic art!

ChrisB said...

You have a great collection. I love the idea of the photos down the stair way. To be enjoyed each time you go upstairs. We have a story board of mickey mouse that my daughter gave hubby.
Also the Heather kitchen sign is a really lovely idea.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I LOVE your metal signs. We have some old ones, too. They used to hang in our kitchen until I redecorated. Now they're in storage. I plan to pull them out again one day.Thanks for sharing. Great stuff.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I love your walls. Stunning and so creative. Brill.

Sayre said...

Your collection is quite eclectic! It definitely shows the personality of your family by incorporating so many different things!

Grand Life said...

I love this subject-- and looking at all the neat things people have on their walls. I love your husbands stamps. By the way the ? on the cabin wall is due on Christmas Day.
Judy

Anonymous said...

There is such a variety of photos on your walls. I especially like the ones lining the stairway.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

YOu have so many neat things on your walls I don't know where to start. Love the b&w prints along the stairs!

Also love the dad's day arts!

storyteller said...

How cool to have the framed ‘comic book pages’ (and super hero stamps) … I’ve done something similar with my mom’s sheet music in my home. I love the photos up the wall along your staircase … and the signs you’ve displayed in your kitchen and walkthrough. All have wonderful messages ;--)

It took me a long time today, but I finally managed to share at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Your walls are beautiful, I loved the Heather's kitchen especially.

Faye said...

What better use of stair climbing time than admiring family photos--black and white all the better. I smiled when I saw your "Heather" sign in the kitchen--very clever and retro.

Amanda said...

Very cool! I love the black and white photos up the stairs :)

We have some framed stamp sets too, I think it's a cool decorating idea. My mom had that Star Wars one framed for a friend too!

Peter said...

Love your stairway photo gallery.

Anonymous said...

Well said.