Friday, July 25, 2008

Wii have a Wii

Ok, not a lot of time to post so I'm going to keep this short.

Last week the kids (all three of them) were in Ohio for the week. They were happy as clams because they were spending the week with my parents and their eight cousins.

I was a happy mom because I had the week off. First week off in nine years. It was a fun week. I had coffee with a girlfriend, had a scrapbooking night with a bunch of ladies and spent my week not having to clean and reclean the downstairs of my house. I decided to get all my hair chopped off on Wednesday, and donated the hair to Locks of Love.

But on Tuesday night, Brendan and I decided to buy a Wii. We've been discussing it, and not having the kids around was the perfect excuse to go out and get one. We only have Wii sports, but for now it's enough. The kids are thrilled (and incredulous that we actually bought a Wii!)

So today Ian downloaded the Nintendo channel and we discovered that he can do DS downloads right from the Wii! He downloaded Wall-E today. It's cool since in the past we had to go to Toys R Us or Gamestop to use that feature of his Nintendo DS. Now right from the comfort of our family room, virtually anytime he wants, he can try a sample of a new game. Pretty nifty, in my opinion.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get the bathrooms clean while still getting in my Wii playing time!

2 comments:

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Wii welcome to you to the Wii World. lol :)

Addictive is all I can say. Personally I think it's a great 30-45 minute excuse since you know, it can be "exercise". lol

We have not done the DS thing. I"ll have to check into that.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I looked up how to make a batman cake on google and your name showed up!...I ordered the batman cake pan from ebay that you go...I was just wondering if you could please share with me your recipe for the cake? That would help me so much my boyfriend is wanting a batman cake for his birthday! My email is kpeters38@aol.com